©2008-2016 Franck Mercurio.
All photos copyright Franck Mercurio, unless otherwise stated
Built with Indexhibit v.2.0.1
History of Cincinnati's Union Terminal
Upcoming exhibition at the Cincinnati Museum Center
Opening Summer 2018
When it opened in 1933, Cincinnati's Union Terminal was dubbed "The Temple of Transportation" by the national press. Designed by architects Alfred T. Fellheimer and Steward Wagner of New York -- along with Paul Cret of Philadelphia -- the building served as the city's main railway station until 1972. It was transformed into the Cincinnati Museum Center in 1990, and is currently undergoing major restoration work. The upcoming exhibition will focus on the architectural and social histories of the building, placing it within the context of Cincinnati's West End neighborhood.